I hope you’ve come to expect that when I post a recipe, it’s not just a normal recipe, but a recipe where I’ve swapped out a few ingredients to make it a little healthier without sacrificing flavor! Today’s recipe is no different! Spaghetti is a staple in this house and today I’m sharing our healthier version of meatballs that our whole family loves! Pair them with these butternut squash pumpkin shaped pasta shells from Trader Joe’s for a fun Italian night!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 TBS Worcestershire sauce (could also use Dale's or Allegro)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup of Stella Three Cheese Blend
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in large bowl and, using your hands, mix until well combined
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil
- Using your meat mixture, form small meatballs about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter
- Brown the edges of the meatballs in skillet and place on baking sheet
- Once all meatballs have been browned, place baking sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven, sprinkle a little more cheese on top and enjoy with your favorite pasta and sauce!
Once I tasted this 3-Cheese blend from Stella® Cheese, I knew I wanted to use it in an Italian recipe. It just tastes authentic! It tastes like real, rich cheese. No extras, no sugar, no grease. Just real cheese! Using Stella® cheese definitely took these meatballs up a notch! I absolutely love the way it tastes in these meatballs and these are sure to be in the regular rotation now at our house! Even Elliott gobbled them up and asked for more!
Now through January 12, 2018, Stella® is hosting the “Taste of Authenticity” Recipe Contest! During this time, you can submit your original recipes featuring Stella® cheeses for a chance to win up to $3,000. I’ll definitely be entering these meatballs! Click here to learn more and enter your own recipe!
What recipe will you be entering??